Happy New Year!
The new year is a great time to start a new Scripture memory program. Fighter Verses exists to help equip and encourage believers to fight the fight of faith through Scripture memory. We pray these resources will help you in your efforts to memorize in the coming year.
- Children Desiring God is offering all printed Fighter Verses, Fighter Verses-Extended, Foundation Verses, and Song CDs at a 10% discount through January 18, 2015. Use code FV2015 when you check out to receive the discount. (Note: The discount does not apply to our 10-packs, since those are already available at a reduced price.)
- There are many free articles and resources for Bible memory, like Bible memory charts, bookmarks for 2015 (English) (Español) that you can download and print, articles on Bible memory, weekly devotional blog posts, and free songs for each week’s passage (look for the “music” link under the verse each week) on the fighterverses.com website.
- The Fighter Verse App is available for $2.99 for iPhone® and iPad®, Android®, and Kindle®. The Fighter Verse App provides a weekly passage of Scripture to memorize (1 passage/week for 5 years), review tools, quizzes, Foundation Verses for preschool children (with pictures to quiz pre-readers), an “add your own verse” feature, several Bible versions to choose from, and more. We pray that this tool would help many believers fight the fight of faith through memorizing God’s Word. Read more about Fighter Verse App features.
- Not a techie sort of person? Make your own verse cards instead. Just copy and paste the references for the verses you want to print and the Verse Card Maker will create flash cards that you can print with the reference on one side and the verse or passage on the other.
- Ask your small group or some friends to join you in your efforts to memorize Scripture. Being held accountable is a great way to ensure you will accomplish your memorization goals–not just start strong in January and taper off later in the year.
- Read an article on how to memorize to help yourself succeed. Make a plan for when and how you will memorize, and what you will do to review verses on a regular basis.
- If you struggle to memorize, songs are a great way to do it (just think of all the advertising jingles you learned without even trying!). The songs are on the website each week as a free download. Song CDs are available for sale on Children Desiring God as well as amazon and digital downloads are available on iTunes.
- If you are interested in promoting Bible memory at your church, be sure to read this article on church-wide Bible memory (view as PDF). There are many helpful suggestions to make a church-wide memory program successful. (If you are promoting Fighter Verses at your church feel free to use these posters: Poster 1 / Poster 2)
- Visit The Verses Project for more songs and beautiful, verse-inspired artwork for your smart phone.
- And last, we leave you with this exhortation from John Piper and we ask you to join us in memorizing God’s Word in the year ahead: