Earlier this spring, Jon Bloom posted an article, “Seven Things to Pray for Your Children,” at Desiring God. Here is a summary of his seven things to pray:
- That Jesus will call them and no one will hinder them from coming (Matthew 19:13–15).
- That they will respond in faith to Jesus’ faithful, persistent call (2 Peter 3:9).
- That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit, and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments (Matthew 22:37-39).
- That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, especially marriage (2 Corinthians 6:14).
- That their thoughts will be pure (Philippians 4:8).
- That their hearts will be stirred to give generously to the Lord’s work (Exodus 35:29).
- That when the time is right, they will GO! (Matthew 28:18-20).
Read the entire post here. (Jon Bloom is President of Desiring God, and is also on the Board of Directors of Children Desiring God.)