In two previous posts, we heard Sally Michael explain why and how we should teach difficult doctrines to children. In this video, she raises and then answers the following five objections:
We can’t teach difficult doctrines to children because….
1. These truths are inappropriate to teach to children (e.g., dark; violent; evil).
2. These truths are too hard for children to understand.
3. These truths are too hard for me to understand. How can I hope to teach them to children?
4. The kids are going to be bored with all of this theology.
5. These topics are too controversial. I will get in trouble if I teach these things.