Are you looking forward to planning some special events for your children’s and youth ministry this spring and summer? Here are some helpful reminders from Betty Dodge’s presentation, “Reinforcing the Vision with Events and Programs”:
- Glorify God and increase joy in Him by planning events that:
- …will display the glory of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior (1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 4:6).
- …will cause His Word to dwell richly in His people by His Spirit (Colossians 3:16-17).
- …deepen the relationship between Christ and His church, and build relationships within the believer’s household (Psalm 25:4, 14; Philippians 3:10).
- …make disciples of Christ and work to bring them to maturity in Him (Colossians 1:28-29; Titus 2:3-8).
- Wait on God and discover His will for the event—be devoted to prayer and His word. This will yield blessings from God for all involved.
- God’s Word is the foundation and anchor of your event and will bring clarity to God’s particular purposes for it. Let the Word of God define the vision, themes, decisions— impacting all that you do for the event (Jeremiah 15:16; 2 Timothy 3:16).
- Every event requires volunteers who are called by God and believe in the vision for your events. If the event coordinator does everything for the event, it will not meet its goals. Recruit members of your local body and cast the vision.
- Design your event to be a vehicle for discipleship and partnering with parents.
(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net.)