Children Desiring God is in the process of revising and updating our Sunday School curriculum. This is more than just a “new look.” After 15 years of curriculum publishing, our mission and vision have not changed. We still exist to spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things so that the next generation may know and cherish Jesus Christ as the only One who saves and satisfies the desires of the heart.
But in our passion to see the next generations delight in Him, we’ve been working to improve the ways we equip teachers, engage students, and impact families.
The following are just a few highlights:
- The Teacher’s Guide has a new easier-to-use layout and graphic design, and is available in three format options: 3-ring binder, coil-bound notebook, or downloadable PDF.
- Each lesson has a new Teacher Introduction section, which includes a devotional and prayer points to help prepare the teacher’s heart and mind.
- All lesson content and activities have been tailored for a specific age group, and include more teacher-student interaction and illustrations.
- The amount of teaching time is consistent from one lesson to the next, and it is also consistent with a range for each target age.
- New application questions target not only intellectual comprehension, but also heart response.
- Across the classroom experience (meaning the lesson, small group application, workbook, and optional activities), we’ve looked for opportunities to appeal to multiple learning styles.
- Basic teacher training resources have been added to the Teacher’s Guide.
- Engaging classroom visuals have been created with original artwork and photography, and essential visuals are provided for electronic display (in addition to the traditional print format).
- Student Workbooks have been updated for age-appropriateness, are more graphically appealing, and include application activities for meaningful student interaction.
- New take-home pages (called Growing in Faith Together Pages) include a lesson summary and suggestions for parent-child interaction to encourage discussion and application at home. And they now come in three formats—PDFs to print or email, professionally printed and coil-bound booklets, and a GIFT Page App for iPhones and Android devices.
The first of our revised and enhanced curriculum, My Purpose Will Stand: A Study for Children on God’s Providence will be available in our webstore soon. In the meantime, please take a look at the Scope & Sequence to learn more about this curriculum.